Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday Sundries


Sunday Sundries. A Weekend Laundry List of Less Than Scintillating Stuff.


Sundry #1: I'm still working on my silk screen project; it's not as time-consuming as I make it seem. I just find it easier to work on in bright daylight, then get distracted and forget to work on it. I'm contemplating setting up a couple lights around my chair so I can work on it while watching the "fluffy" tv tonight.

Sundry #2: Someone this past week pointed out the quiz at Blogthings about What Kind of Intelligence Do You Have. Of course I took it. But I had a problem.

The first question asked: When You Were A Kid.. then listed a number of activities that one might choose.

I had two equal answers.

While I enjoyed stories (reading and writing) and word puzzles, I also loved doing crafts and while I won't say I was "athletic", the kids on our block had no choice but to be outside playing all day. It's just what was done. Our mothers kicked us out of the house at 9:30 am, and except for a quick trip home for lunch, did not expect to see us back in the house until Mrs. Neiderider called her son Bobbie home about 4:30 pm.

They didn't necessarily know where we were or what we were doing and they didn't care. The key thing was we weren't doing it underfoot.

Anyway, with the change on that one question alone, I had two very different kinds of intelligence:

Linguistic Intelligence (stories and word puzzles)
You are excellent with words and language. You explain yourself well.
An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly.
You are also good at remembering information and convicing someone of your point of view.
A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.
You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.
or
Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence (crafts and playing outside)
You are naturally athletic and coordinated, good at making your mind and body work together.Sports are fun and easy for you, especially those requiring good hand - eye coordination.There's also a good chance you're a great dancer, or good at expressing yourself through body language.You learn best by doing, and you feel like you've always got to be moving (even if it's just your hands).You would make a good athlete, physical education teaches, dancer, actor, firefighter, or artisan.
Ok. Anyone who knows me well is laughing their butts off at this. After all I am the gal who falls while eating lunch and sprains her ankle. Several times in the past.

But....

Sundry #3: Today I was meeting some gals in Oakland for a couple hours. We were knitting and crocheting and talking. Something to drink, maybe something to eat. A perfect afternoon for me!!

My plan was to hit the gym for a easy workout first. If I left the gym by 1:30, I'd have time to get through the bad traffic spot, find a parking spot, walk to the tea bar and get there by our 2 pm. time.

Except.

(OK, I can't believe I'm saying this): I was enjoying my workout so much, that I decided to stay a bit longer at the gym and showed up late for girlie fun. Even after I broke my MP3 player!! (When I work out by myself, the music is usually the thing that keeps me going.)

Sundry #4: Holding an MP3 player so sweat can drip into the controls and temporarily short things out is a bad thing. I'm just saying.

Sundry #5: I'm getting desperate about the movies on my NetFlix queue. I seem to be running out of good ones. Please suggest some good movies (preferably new-ish ones) that I might add to my list.

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions where Monday's Tale of the Scale will be published.

No comments: