Sunday, July 20, 2008

Apple Cake

I'm continuing to go through some of my hand-written recipes off grease-stained pieces of scrap paper. I'm not sure how long I've had this one, but it's a favorite goodie on a cool day.

Apple Cake

This is a simple snack cake, not to be confused with the type of cake that one would frost.

Beat 2 eggs.
Add 1 C sugar and beat again.
Sift together, then add to egg/sugar and beat:

2 tsp. each of baking powder and baking soda
2/3 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Fold into this:
2 Cups diced apples
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Cup nuts chopped
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Spoon this mix into a greased square cake pan. Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes. The cake will be lumpy and moist and there is no great way to test for doneness. It more resembles a baked apple fritter than the traditional idea of a cake. You may wish to dust the finished squares with a little powdered sugar.

I also blog at: Weight for Deb and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

Tags:

No comments: