Monday, November 03, 2008

Quotes

I collect quotes as I wander around the internet. Quotes that speak to me or make me think of a friend who should hear these words. I save these in an draft post to keep them on hand.

But why not share these? Why hoard them to myself? I thought tonight that sharing some of these with you would be a positive step in a world full of less-than-positive. Here's 10 I've collected. Enjoy and please share a quote or two of your own in comments.

========================
“When we don’t turn away from pain, we open our hearts and are more able to connect to the best part of ourselves and others–because every human being knows pain. I’m not sure what enlightenment is, but I’m sure it has something to do with turning pain into love.”
–Myriam Greenspan, from “On Moving from Grief to Gratitude” in the January 2008 edition of Sun Magazine.
=========================
The soul won't invest in a compromise" Christine Kane's blog
=========================
“Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.” - Swedish proverb
=========================
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain. [1]
From DUNE.
============================
"The bulk of mankind are schoolboys through life." Thomas Jefferson
================================
Before something happens in the world, it must happen in your mind. CS Lewis
================================
"You can have anything you want
if you will give up the belief
that you can't have it."
~ Robert Anthony
================================
It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no results.
Gandhi
================================
“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world. Someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
================================
"We must use time creatively . . . and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do great things.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
===============================

I also blog at: Weight for Deb and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: