Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Today's Intention

Today's Intention: Let My Love Out Into the World

One of my goals for this year is to wake up each morning, state a positive intention for that day and remember to live by it. That's why I began this blog year with a blessing. I'll admit it, I have not always been successful at this task. But it's a new year and a new habit and if I'm getting better at it I'm happy.

Sometimes I do state an intention but I don't really feel it. It's as if I'm trying to force my heart into a space it's not ready or willing to go to yet. When I had a day fully planned of work that is exciting, a bit scary, and challenging I may whisper an intention: Bring it on. I'm ready!

But isn't this an intention I should be shouting?? I should be pumping my fist and doing some kind of "Rocky" dance. Not quietly whispering. Not fully committing to the idea.

I've decided that I will try (try is the key word here) to post a blogpost every morning as I'm sipping my first cuppa coffee. It will state my intention for the day. There should be more to the post than that.. please muse! It might be a photograph or some rambling text or even (gasp!) something creative. I will be using these posts to help establish the idea of a intention my life. You're welcome to play along.

Today's intention: Let my love out into the world was inspired by Mata's post on BlogHer: Mitakuye Oyasin - A Lakota Indian Prayer and the Spirit of Relatedness. Her words:
Take the power of love seriously. Let your love for the world out, and let it roll into action. You are not alone. What you do touches what we all do, grows, expands, heals. What you do gives me courage, gives everyone you know hope as it gives to the rest of the world. Mitakuye Oyasin
I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: