Tuesday, January 08, 2008

When I Believe...

I think y'all know I spent a huge amount of energy in '07 getting physically fit. I fell in love with free weights, lost 40# and made a good friend in my trainer.

The first quarter of '08, BlogHer is dedicating special posts to a Good-Health-A-Thon! Mental, physical, emotional and financial fitness are going to be tackled in the next three months. This month is all about that physical fitness, looking at both physical fitness and diet. I was thrilled when they emailed me to write two posts for this special topic. (shh.. don't tell them, I would have gone to the community blog and posted them anyway!)

The first article was published today. It's the story of my journey to physical fitness from the moment the Universe gave me what I needed through to today. It's partly a tribute to professional trainers (one in particular) but mainly the breakthrough that made the great change for me.

The article is: When I Believe, I Can.

I'm not going to republish it here or on Deb's Distractions. Just let it sit pretty where it lives today. But, please, go read it. And ignore the typos I keep finding in the piece. I swear I proofed it 5 times and have corrected typos several times since it published. I swear the html and the trickiness of Drupal are screwing my text.

The end of this month a companion piece will join it: Rediscovering Deb. More about the emotional changes that have taken place because of the physical changes.

I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: