Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Busy, busy day...

Knitting in public

Had a busy, busy day today.

This morning I stopped at the post office, walked the dogs, picked up a reserved book at the library, did some dishes, made several appointments and still got to lunch with my friend Janice early. (Every year I get a $25 certificate from Pear Street Bistro for my birthday month, and I love to take a friend there to celebrate. This year it was my bud Janice.) No well-wishing yet, my birthday isn't until the end of the month...)

Anyway, I got there as she was leaving her house, so I had a little time to wait on her. I stood out on the sidewalk (so she would know exactly where to turn) and worked on knitting a sock. I may not be making much art, but I'm still whacking away with the needles on occasions. Ala the Yarn Harlot (though not as skillfully) I decided to take a quick shot to memorialize the case today.

(I can take a photo on my phone and email it to flickr! complete with it's title. Doncha love technology??)

Anyway, I had my standard dish: a romaine salad with balsamic dressing, topping with Gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts and slices of bosc pears. I added a bit of grilled salmon to the side. It was yum.

After lunch, it was turn around JoAnne's, a stop at the PetSmart for dog food and bird seed, some cardio workout at the gym, an annual exam for Jake at the vets, and I was finally home and ready to stay here about 4:15 in the afternoon.

This evening? Working some more on that sock (it's a Jaywalker in a tropical punch kind of colorway (#205) of Katia's Mississippi 3 print. A nice all cotton sock yarn.) Next will be the same pair in the blue colors (#207).

Supper: grilled vegetable frittata with whole wheat toast.
So what did you do today?

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions for Thursday afternoon's Tale of the Scale.

tags: , ,

No comments: