Friday, April 06, 2007

Inspirations

Earlier this week I reminded a friend of a promise to show me their art. I'd heard about it for a while, but never seen it. And I am incurably curious.

Looking through a sketchbook, I was a little surprised and a lot inspired by what I saw. Unforunately, the venue wasn't the best for lingering over detailed ink drawings. I only got to enjoy the experience for a couple minutes before getting interrupted. Darn.

But all that afternoon I thought about what I saw. To be truthful, I thought about how I would take these very urban, very detailed drawings and place one on fabric. (wish I could show you what I saw... just imagine). I finally decided I'd like a "whole cloth" tshirt from this drawing. Yes, I'm little crazy! I thought out one option to do it and another. Still haven't decided on the best approach.

That's OK, I don't have the drawing (yet). Fingers crossed, I'll get one some day and can take my afternoon's obsession and turn it into reality. In the meantime, I guess I could start looking through some of the copyright free images I have try some of my ideas on them.

Hmmm.... try to do something before AQC next week? Or wait until after I've spent a couple days with Rayna to acquire some better skills??

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: