Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dreams

I had this strange dream last night... well, I woke up because of it, so I guess it was this morning.

I had just moved into a condo or apartment. I was happy with the situation. There were boxes still all over the living room, but I was building a computer work desk and putting some shelves up, when there was a knock at the door.

I answered opened the door to a man that the-me-in-the-dream knew, but I didn't recognize. He stood at the doorway peeking in around me. When he saw something about the shelving and desk, he said: Well, we can fix that later.

I got pissed and woke up.

I know I was angry that this guy thought he knew better how to organize my own living space than I did. But the more I thought about the dream, the more I saw it as a positive thing. I was building my own space. It might be a place to live... or it might be my LIFE. I was making my own way and my own decisions.

And (because I apparently never let the guy in) I was willing to defend my life against the interference of others. THEY might think that things needed to be arranged differently; but I was having none of that.

Also. If I was putting up shelves and building a desk (I'm thinking it was from IKEA)... it probably meant that when I moved into this space, I knew to buy my own drill.

I don't know why that is important, but it made it very happy when I realized it.

I'm just hoping I bought a level, too. Or I'm so screwed.

I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: