Friday, March 07, 2008

I Move on Spurts

I move on spurts of concentration and energy right now.

It seems that I am never home. When I am, I'm playing catch up with responsibilities, chores and stuff. Reading, sewing, cooking, petting the dogs.

I sit down to blog and remember: there are photos in the camera I should download first; there was some interesting observation I made, but I wasn't home or near a computer or a piece of paper and it seemed to slip away.

What was it I did today, again?? And what about would anyone care to know about?

So instead of doing what I know I should: just brain dump for a while and trust that something worthwhile is in there, I move on to a distraction that keeps me from getting closer to my writing brain.

My bad.

I'm toying with the idea of committing to blog 365 just to insure that I show up at the page every day. I need the discipline to say: from time A to time B I am just sitting here. I have writing prompts, I have ideas, I need time. I probably have time, but don't use it wisely.

In my life today: I'm reading Younger Next Year for Women (about exercise and health), I'm going to my final choir workshop for the winter, hitting the gym for a 1 hour workout, walking the dogs, going out to supper.

Somewhere in here I need to work on scheduling out panels for a conference, search out dinner venues for a conference, research a craft article for BlogHer for tomorrow, mop the floor.

This weekend I hope to play a little with video taping myself in the garden (again for a planned series of pieces). And learn more about video editing on my Mac. Get the Mac to find the internet (sigh..), and sew a quilt top for National Quilt Day.

Yeah.. So I'll probably be blogging at 5 am or 11 pm. We'll see.

Now where is that camera with those great shots??

I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: