Applications are now live for Craft Con (formerly known
as Craft Congress), happening April 4th through the 6th.
Brava Theatre in the historic Mission District of San Francisco will host
Craft Con 2008. This unique business development conference will bring together over one hundred key individuals from the independent/DIY
craft and design community. Crafters from across the globe will
take part in this exciting opportunity for debate, discussion, and
knowledge-sharing in an effort to explore and shape the
DIY craft movement.
The cost of attending the event is $150/person, which
includes a tour of San Francisco April 4th, meals and sessions
April 5th and 6th, and a gala event the evening of April 5th where
conference attendees will get to experience the unique culture of
the San Francisco arts scene.
*Topics for discussion will include:*
- Profit Models,
- Legal Structures,
- Alternative BusinessModels,
- Getting Published
- What Does Handmade Mean?,
- The Politics of Crafting,
- Crafting Green
* Workshops will include:*
- Project Management, Product Development and Broadening
- Your Base,
- Seeking and Retaining Sponsorship,
- Computer Social Networking Toolbox,
- Real Life Social Networking Toolbox
*Movers and Shakers to knit up a red carpet for:*
- Tina Barseghian, Editor in Chief of Craft Magazine and author of "Get a Hobby";
- Faythe Levine, creator of the film/print project Handmade Nation;
- The Girly Show;
- Jeanee Ledoux of Honeydoux and "Abode a la Mode: 44 Projects for Hip Home Decor";
- Extreme Craft.
application by March 23rd!
For more information visit:
Click here to see photos from last year's event!
I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.