After walking the dogs up and down our hill, I started working about 11 am. It was, I must admit, a very successful day.
I declare that Eucalyptus #1 IS DONE. Adding the stitched branch helps to define the shape... and a few more leaves filled it out. I still need to finish sewing on the sleeve, add the label, and BLOCK this sucker. (don't look at that lower left edge).
Here is a close up of the leaves (sewn down, and loose edge) and some of the branch.
I also finished machine quilting this piece.
And painted two watercolor pages for the class I'm taking. See those squares on the left? We painted those, then cut them up, and used each piece as the "inspiration" for the larger pieces. (though you don't need to use the same colors. And obviously I didn't exactly follow the patterns). You tear up and fold the sheets, and they become nice little books.
This is my FAVORITE. I need to paint this out on fabric as a quilt, I think. This one didn't use a "pattern'... I just painted a shape, then moved on to the next...
Tuesday, I'm driving up to Santa Rosa for the Pointless Sisters monthly meeting. It's an hour and half each way... but I have a good book loaded in my MP3 player.
When I get home, I've got a smaller version of Eucalyptus that I'm piecing, then cook supper and off to my watercolor class in the evening.