Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tuesday (so far)

It's mid afternoon. I've accomplished a lot of what I had planned for today.

The dogs and I got a 2+mile walk (with hills) that had the heart rate up and the sweat running freely. I got both pairs of glasses adjusted, and mailed off some legal paperwork.

Creatively, I'm working out how to encorporate this summer watercolor class into my own work. I don't think I will stay with this Createx Pigments mixed with water all the time. I think adding some type of medium to this will make it work better on cotton (on habotai silk it's fine). I may go back to Golden Fluid paints... but we'll see.

So the paint on fabric isn't it.

But we've spent about the half the time in the class making little "booklets" with watercolor paints. The idea behind these techniques is finding designs in designs. And after working through several of these exercises I DO see a potential for using the technique as a method for journalling future design ideas.

It's getting me excited. I can see a potential workshop coming out of this ... now how to market that idea?

Don't suggest my quilt guild. They announced their workshop schedule for this, their entire program this year is aimed at the beginner quilter. It's so boring and uninspired that I'm seriously considering quitting the guild.

No comments: