Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My soywax batik experiments

This was the first piece I did yesterday. It was a spotty green beforehand, I used a tjainting tool and dripped dots of soywax over it. Then overdyed it with a blue.

The second piece. Dots again, but over this I stamped with a piece of plastic grid. The original fabric was a pale brown and very pale green/blue. Overdyed with the blue from above, and the same blue mixed with black.

The infamous potato masher. I am not overly fond of the heavy stamps... but a second pressing before redipping into the wax would yield those cleaner finer lines. Maybe next time I'll stamp the heavy stuff on one piece, and the second stamps on a second. This started as a pale pink, overdyed with a bluish red mix.

No comments: