Sunday, May 28, 2006

I took the pledge

Let it hereby be known that:

I, Debra Roby,

Pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 4 months.

I Pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle pre-loved items for myself for the term of my contract.

I Pledge that I shall create and craft items of clothing for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract.

I Pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings!

The Wardrobe Refashionistas will be beginning this year's work on June 1st. (hmm.. do socks and underwear count? should I just make a run incase?). I read about it and thought that I have all these still wearable summer tshirts that I need to
a. discharge
b. batik
c. overdye

So these would work for the challenge. I think many of the participants are a lot younger than I am, and we'll have fun. Wanna come play, too?

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: