Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pride and Pedometers

I've signed up for a challenge. Not an art challenge.. a woman's challenge. It's Women and girls On the Move Across the Nation.

All I've agreed to do is wear a pedometer every day and attempt to do my 10,000 steps/day for 2 months. I've wanted to accomplish this, but now I'm part of a group.

Yesterday I wore the pedometer, and worked around the house but did NOT take a daily walk. I still ran up over 10,000 steps!! I was not sitting idley around on my butt all day.

Sunday (first day) I took the dogs on a 3 mile walk, today we did 2 miles with elevation (up and down about 200 feet). With all the gardening and housework included, I'm well on the way to over 10,000 steps.

If you would like to join me, I've started a group: quilters with no fat quarters.
Go to the website, and join. Tell them you wish to join an existing group, then scroll down to this one.

No comments: