Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ok... My first (of the year) RockStar roundup

I tivo'd the show, so I'm watching it after it broadcast, and there aren't any stinkers so far. Yeah, I like this as much as last summer's edition. Probably helps that I didn't know a lot about INXS last year.. and with a "newly created" band this year, there isn't really that whole "collection" to deal with.

Ok, Storm reminded me a lot of Deana from last season. Liked her a lot. There is a strong group of potential competitors and a big group of "seat warmers."

Winners:
Patrice
Storm
Ryan
Toby
Magni
Josh
Dana
Jill
Phil

It's interesting listening to the subtext of the critiques. I wonder how many really heard the lines: interact with the band and the audience.. and "it's critical what song you choose..."

After this week, I'll be reviewing RockStar at deb's distractions, so I can save my tv review talk here for Project Runway.

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: