Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Anti-SATC meme

It's been ages since I've done a meme, but while finally reading Liz Rizzo's post about Sex and the City, Suzanne Reisman posted a link to her Anti-SATC meme.

After all, how many of us are women who live for fashion week? Who own (or even admire $700 shoes?) How many of us are lower maintenance? Which is not to say no maintenance..

So to quote Suzanne:I present a meme for feisty, spirited women who share our lives and support one another, yet are also slovenly and/or miserly (or is it practical?):

What's the cheapest pair of shoes you own?: I have a pair of rubber slides I bought at the drugstore for about $5. And I have a pair of Dansko shoes (my frankenstein shoes) that I picked up at Good Will for about $4. Don't think I can go lower.

What's your favorite piece of jewelry, if you own any? While I love my SuperHero necklace, my favorite piece of jewelry is a long beaded thing I bought at GlobalTribe about 8 years ago. It was $12. I couldn't buy the beads to make one myself for $12.

What's your favorite t-shirt? I like my long-sleeved "Flawed but Authentic" shirt, but it's summer and I wont' be wearing it much. I'm getting a custom-drawn t-shirt later this month that I suspect will be my all-time favorite. Until then, it's one of the v-neck stretch cotton shirts from Target, or (really) my ribbed tanks.

If you could wear jeans every day, would you? I shift from jeans to cotton knit yoga-pantsy things a lot. That's what I live in. (Please make pants for women with pockets!!) I only don't wear jeans when it's too warm. Then I pull on a nice cotton skirt and enjoy the air on my legs. But really, why wouldn't I want to wear jeans or cotton knit pants every day?

Do you comb your hair every day? When I remember. I'll admit it, some days I just get it wet and never remember to do anything more with it. I may run my hand through it at some point.

So I ask you, are you more like the characters in Sex and the City, or more like we feisty, spirited and slightly slovenly souls?

I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: