Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Go Big or Go Home

Go big or go home. Because it's true. What do you have to lose?
Eliza Dushku

A's game, June 4th, 08

Wednesday I went to a baseball game, the local Oakland A's playing the visiting Detroit Tigers.

While normally my support goes to the home team, being my local fix for American League baseball, this game I was a little torn. During October, I follow the playoff using my "Babe" philosphy of loyalty: To your Team, To your Division, To you League Be True (unless it's the Yankees). So I cheer first for my Cleveland Indians, Second for AL Central, and finally for American League (unless it's the Yankees.. and it's starting to be unless it's the BoSox, too. Let some other teams compete and win for a change now).

So my "Babe" soul was whispering that I should cheer for the Tigers. That just didn't feel right, though.

Fortunately, good sense returned to me about the time the A's decided to give the Tigers a royal whupping. And I went home cheering for the winners.

I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: