Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Postcards for Cancer Fund Raising

About a month ago, I posted this piece and said I didn't know how I would use it.

Then a couple weeks ago, I mentioned that I had turned it into 4 postcards for Virginia Spiegel's ACS Fund Raising effort.

Today I got the notice that the postcards have been received and are up on the page. Along with GOBSMACKINGLY BEAUTIMOUS cards from Karen Stiehl Osborn, and works by Rosemary Claus Gray and several other artists.

Take some time to go visit the site. Buy a card if you wish (they are 100% tax deductible).

Oh, yeah, since it ain't obvious ... click on the title and you go to Virginia's page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gobsmackingly Beautimous?!?!?! Wow, can I hire you to do my PR?? LOL

Anonymous said...

Yep..they are great. I have a wonderful one in my studio that I bought. However, Deb dear, they are not tax deductable. You can't deduct a donation when you receive something in exchange for that donation. So, a donation of $30 is deductable (IF you itemize and IF you hit the threshold for your income level) but, if you receive a postcard, no deduction.

I donate a lot of stuff every year. I no longer even bother with the receipts from Goodwill, etc. because I never get to my threshold....

teri

Anonymous said...

Debra - Thank you for sharing the story of the postcards - they are so gorgeous! Through your and other artists' generosity in donating fabric postcards, over $1000 has been raised for the ACS,

For those wanting to see (and purchase!) more fiberart, please visit http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/NewFiles/FiberartForACause.html
for information about Fiberart For A Cause reverse auction opening July 1.

Sincere thanks, Virginia