So how do you read the ArtfulQuilt Ring? It's been brought up on several blogs (PamRuberts and Teri Springer's to name two).
Do you try to read through the whole ring daily? Or, because of the size and time constraints, do you do so weekly?
Do you do it all at one time? or break it up?
Me, I try to read through the ring every day. With the large size, i break it up into 3 groups: the 20 who post almost every day I read every morning with my coffee. Twenty more while eating my lunch . The twenty least active blogs I check if I time after washing up the dinner dishes. Every once in a while they surprise me with something new.
I also try to comment on atleast 5 blogs a day... maybe more. Just so the writer does know that someone is reading. I LOVE reading other people's comments. What can I say, I'm a social being living a kind of isolated life. Which is sad, as I'm actually completely surrounded by people. It's like living in cocoons. But this is a topic for atleast one other post.
So I've got a couple things to say:
1. WRITE MORE OFTEN. This is a habit you have to work on. I've found that there are days when I'm really talkative. I might write 3-5 blogs. NO. I don't post them all. I save a couple as drafts, then the days when I'm busy or flat or uninspired or just too whiney, I have something to post anyway. I got this idea from June Underwood, who's Southeast Main has a different photo every day. Atleast I think it was June. I could be wrong. Anyway, write when you feel like it, and post on a regular basis.
2. TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK OF WHAT THEY WRITE. comments are good thing. They turn this from a monologue to a dialog.
3. SHARE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I swear the unique thing about this ring will end up being the ability to see how different people move through a process. The different paths that can lead to the same place: a finished piece of art. I'll admit it, I need to do more of this.
4. WHEN IN DOUBT, look for the humorous side of things. (note to self... this one is for ME.)
5. Ok. Make people happy and eager to read your blogs... ADD PICTURES. Maybe not every day (sorry Deborah), but atleast a couple times a week. I love that people will occasionally show their studio space while they are working. And our lives are all so unique that Life photos work too.
Ok, so I'm off to look through the photos I've taken recently. Finish reading my morning blogs. And make some art.