Thursday, March 17, 2005

Vessels #1 will eventually be cut into three equal pieces. This means it's important to design the piece so it's cohesive as one large piece, and still works when it's divided. My original plan was to arrange the vessels so that each one touched atleast one other... and the paths crossed back and forth across the piece. Yesterday's arrangment was solid along the middle, but getting out of hand along the side panels. And I finally decided it was too busy.

So today I put on the Congressional Hearings on Steroid use in baseball and rearranged things giving more space to the piece. Boy, I'll tell you it was hard to fight that instinct to link each piece. I think this is about to the point where I can fuse it. Then add sheer vessels over the top in the places, cut it apart and quilt it. I think it's due at the end of the month... I've got my work cut out for me. Posted by Hello


Now let's all practice saying: I'm not here to talk about the past, but about the positive things that might happen in the future.

Mark McGuire thy true name is Weenie.

No comments: