Wednesday, October 05, 2005

This TV season...

First, I have been playing with an idea.. and making a couple "studies" to see if/how this idea might work out. Stay tune. I should have pictures later today.

So in the meantime, Deborah asked what I would be watching this tv season (since my favorite summer tv show RockStar-- ended).

I will admit to the world, I think of reality tv as great summer escapism, but I rarely watch it during the regular season unless all the regular shows are in repeats. Last season I was not charmed by The Amazing Race, one of my past summer escapes, and this year's iteration with families... totally does not appeal to me. I miss The Mole, which I really liked.

Before I list my viewing choices, I need to mention that Steve retires for the evening at 9 pm. (he rises at 4:30 am), so I often tape shows that are broadcast later if he is interested in viewing them. So I get "two-fers" at some times.

So, my viewing schedule for the regular season:

Sunday: Watch: West Wing, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy.
Tape: PBS Mystery series, if I like them. New Sherlock Holmes coming later this month.

Monday: Watch: Monday night football if I'm home. Medium.

Tuesday: Watch:NCIS, House.
Tape: Boston Legal. and Commander in Chief.

Wednesday: Watch: Lost and Invasion (I think. I'm getting these "alien invasion" ones confused.)

Thursday: Watch: ER
Tape: CSI and Without A Trace.

Friday: The scifi programs when they are new.

Saturday: I'm confused but a bit pleased that every network chooses to repeat shows from the week on Saturday nights.

When they are new: The 4400 and Dead Zone. I was totally unimpressed with the last set of Monk that I won't be watching anymore.

During October, I will be spending a lot of time watching playoff baseball... when it's over it's gone until next April... I've got to fill up. I will cheer against the Yankees... and have chosen the Chisox as my AL favorite team this year. Don't care who plays for the NL... they will lose. (sorry Deb L.)

No comments: