Monday, May 23, 2005

Pt. Isobel Dog Park Walk

Hide your dog's eyes!! This is a trip to the Pt. Isobel Dog Park on the Richmond/Berkeley border. We start where we end at the hose spigot off Rydin Rd.


We skipped this whole part of the walk. It's a nice long section with great lawns for dogs to chase balls on. But my goofs have their minds set on swimming today.


And they're off! I'll see them in about 10 minutes when I catch up.



There's Jake waiting for me in the water.


Katy happily heading in with her ball.


After their swim, there is time to make new friends.


Rolling in the grass. I'd call it guilty pleasure, but dogs seldom feel guilty.


At the point of the park, you can picnic along the bay, with San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge behind you. It's a bit too hazy today to see.


The other side of the inlet. Follow this path to a parking lot and Mud Puppies. A cafe, store and bath site. As you can see, lots of people spend their lunchtime walking their dogs here.


The tennis ball lawns. and the riprap walls.


After the walk, a stop for a drink and a hosing off before heading home. I promised them discretion enough that I did not show them getting their bath. The dogs do have some pride.


Clean, exercised and back in the car. We're off to get my glasses adjusted, and finish running our errands. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Cathy said...

What happy dogs! Ria wishes she could swim too.

Elle said...

What fun! And is it me or is the doggie grinning in the last pic? LOL.