Friday, March 24, 2006

I keep going back and forth...

I have a "test" blog set up on WordPress blog hosting site (it's similar but different from the downloaded program and your own hosted site) and I'm trying to decide if I want to switch over there or contact a guy to make this blog pretty and workable on all desktops.

The WordPress folks are nice.. they actually answer comments to them... their help forums are surprising helpful.

But... I feel like I'm being treated like such a child because they control so much about the look of the blog. The font and font size is out of my control unless I want to figure out how to write an entire post in HTML. Nope, don't want that. Just want a WYSIWYG editor that lets me say "make the font larger".

I guess what I really want is Blogger without the downtime and with a functioning 3 column template. Am I answering my own question here?

When I'm not whiling away hours on this "very serious question" I'm going to be trying to set up TIVO today (including a wireless connection). It reads like it should be easy. I know I'm going to find complications that make it less so.

So I'm kind of tense and grumpy and not worth reading...

No comments: