Thursday, March 16, 2006

Wednesday Sunset, a secret told,


Here is a shot of our sunset last night. A storm is rolling in (again),
so it will be a few days until I see this sight repeated. I'm trying to regularly take the sunset from the house this year. This will let me see how far the sun moves. I know in mid-summer the sun will be setting off this picture to the right.
While I was out taking the sunset, I spotted the colors through this bare liquidamber (sweet gum) tree. Yeah, I played it with a bit in Picasa... but isn't it rather wonderful? I love photos of bare tree limbs.

Today I'm taking a break from handwork. I will pull out some of the ideas for my next painted piece and continue them on paper. Watercolor painting! Working in a different (kind of) medium.

And here I am going to admit something. At WoolfCamp, the other attendees introduced me to Flickr. I have had a negative reaction to the flickering images on people's blogs, so I have avoided using the site. I'm trying to get a bit comfortable with it (why, I'm not sure) but I'm going to whisper a secret to you all:
I don't really like Flickr.

Nope. You won't see a badge on my blog, even with a stationary picture. I may someday come to tolerate using Flickr for some things.. but I don't think I will ever be a Flickr fan. I do not find using it "intuitive"; I have to think too hard to figure out how to do something and their "help faq" isn't any help. It seems to me that it is just another way to lose time online.

Ya know just admitting this makes me feel better.

What online "hot thing" do you secretly feel no love for?

No comments: