Monday, December 11, 2006

Good Tidings Challenge...

NO. I would not suggest a fiber challenge to run this time of year. This is something totally different.

It's 2 weeks until Christmas, and this is one of the most challenging times of the year for many. People are stressed, tired, and over-scheduled.

Now I've blogged before the niceties of simple interactions and from this comes my challenge:

I'd like to ask you all to give this a try.

Whenever you are out and about (shopping, running errands, going to the gym, work.. EVERYWHERE):

FIRST: concentrate on having a calm, unstressed appearance. Unfurl that brow, relax those lips, and soften your eyes.

Second: whenever you have the opportunity (and LOOK for them) look another individual in the eye and smile. Just a quick simple smile. If you have to time, say "good morning..." or the appropriate greeting. Leave it holiday neutral... just hello, good morning, whatever. More time? say something nice: I love that your umbrella matches your sweatshirt. (yeah, I said that one today, so it's fresh).

Then, blog back about how people react. In the past, I've noticed people standing up straighter, smiling and relaxing and become for just a moment more human. Less so this past week. Don't know if it's me or what.

So let's all truly spread some good tidings.

Whatcha think?

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions where I'm participating in Holidailies!

No comments: