Friday, April 29, 2005

Quinacrodine Violet, Setacolor blue mixed with a light gray base, and that chrome orange (sticking it's presence in again!!) Half the piece painted with the violet, half with blue and narrow lines of orange over all. Rock salt sprinkled on top. Then left to dry

The piece sitting on my worktable

Half way dried. The violet had been closer to the window (and sun) so I sprayed more water on the piece, and turned it around.

A close up of how the paint moved in the water, sun and salt. I LOVE looking at how the colors run. Posted by Hello

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Nice, very nice !!!! Don't ya love doing this? It's so much fun to watch those colors run.

Rayna said...

Yum yum yum, Debra. Never works for me, but yours looks gorgeous.

Jen said...

I love this too. Paint makes me ecstatic every time. Jen

Deb R said...

Oooooh, I LOVE this one!!

Liz Plummer said...

Gorgeous colours and effects...

Liz

Sonji Hunt said...

I love purple and orange. This will look good with the previous fabric (in the Sonji colorscheme of things).

Deborah Boschert said...

Spectacular! I've been saving the home made bath salts my daughter gave me for Christmas for just this type of thing. (Since we never have enough hot water to fill up the tub. Grrrr.)