Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hello from the soggy Midwest

I just discovered that we have very weak wifi off the back of the house (bless you anonymous neighbor), so I'm taking the chance to say howdy!! No great photos today, but there are trees and bushes and things that I can shoot on our walks. Now that I know, pictures will be in the future.

Arrived here uncerimoniously late Saturday. Spent a good part of Sunday packing up trash (expired meds and other such things). Filled the huge garbage can (60# can) then found out that trash day isn't unit Friday. Hopefully some of our neighbors have empty space in theirs.. because we're cranking out 1-2 large kitchen trash bags a day.

It was sprinkling when we got here, and has been cloudy, damp and cool since. But still muggy. The humidity is up around 80-90%, though the temps are in the 60s. It's supposed to be sunny and warm (80s) by Friday. I know I won't melt, but I will stick!

One day soon I will be out weeding the beds. A day of fresh air and stretching and moving. Joy!! We have the realtor's open house two weeks from today, so we've got lots of straightening to do. We've taken walks each day.. my Omron pedometer shows I'm still averaging about 12000 steps a day.

We've spent a lot of time emptying drawers and closets and figuring out what needs to go and what can be saved. We might (small might) be moving the MIL into a different facility. There are factors which complicate things, but today we'll be checking out a few places to see if they qualify. I'm cautiously hopeful.

The wifi has disappeared twice while I've been writing this, so I think I shall try to publish and not push my chances.

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: